To apply please e-mail your up-to-date CV and a Covering Letter explaining what you hope to get out of the course to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 12th Jan 2017 – please send CV & Covering Letter as a single attached document
This Level 6 Certificate Course is a practice-based introduction to radio broadcasting and presenting jointly developed and delivered by WIT, WLR FM and Beat 102-103. The Course is delivered by both practicising broadcasters and academic staff to give students a broad introduction to the practical skills of radio presentating including news reading, editing and recording.
The Certificate in Radio Broadcasting and Presenting will be delivered on Thursday nights from 6.30pm – 9.30pm over 12 weeks starting on the 30th January 2017. Students will have access to and use facilities at both the purpose-built Broadcast Centre in Ardkeen and the WIT Cork Road campus. The course fee is €500.
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Research and prepare scripts and running orders for radio broadcasts;
- Record and edit audio material for radio broadcasts;
- Present speech content in a live and recorded radio setting;
- Apply legal and ethical guidelines relating to broadcast media;
- Reflect on the role of the radio journalist and presenter within the Irish radio industry.