The greatest guitar riffs of all time have been voted for with Slash's iconic sound topping the poll.
The intro of Guns n' Roses hit "Sweet Child o' Mine" has been voted the greatest guitar riff of all time.
The song, which has released in 1987, was one of many iconic songs from the band's debut album titled "Appetite for Destruction".
The survey, by the Muse Group, saw 1,500 people vote for their favourite guitar riffs ever to be played on the 6 stringed instrument.
Survivors' "Eye of the Tiger" was voted at number two, followed by Queen's "Another One Bits the Dust", which is up for debate, considering the main riff of the iconic song is played on the bass.
Also in the top ten, was "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon and "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, a song that most guitar/music shops in the US ban customers from playing.
The late Eddie Van Halen was also featured on the list, not for his solo work but for his playing on the pop/rock ballad "Beat It" by the King of Pop Michael Jackson.
And to round out the top ten were "Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Layla" by Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler's iconic riff on Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing".
The Rolling Stones song "Satisfaction"s was at 24, with modern songs like "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" by Electric Picnic headliners Arctic Monkeys in the top 30 too.
Below are the Top 30 Guitar Riffs of All Time according to a survey by Muse Group:
1. Sweet Child O’Mine - Guns N' Roses
2. Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
3. Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
4. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
5. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
6. Beat It - Michael Jackson
7. Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
8. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
9. Layla - Eric Clapton
10. Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
11. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
12. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
13. Back in Black - AC/DC
14. The Ace of Spades - Motorhead
15. Walk This Way - Aerosmith
16. Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
17. You Really Got Me - The Kinks
18. The Wall - Pink Floyd
19. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
20. I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll - Joan Jett
21. Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
22. Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
23. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
24. Satisfaction (I Can’t Get No) - the Rolling Stones
25. Come as You Are - Nirvana
26. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
27. I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
28. Message in a Bottle- The Police
29. All Right Now - Free
30. Brown Sugar - the Rolling Stones
What do you think is the best guitar riff of all time? Let us know in the comments!
Photo by cottonbro: