Ah, we love a good top 10, don't we? TikTok has revealed its most-played songs of the year.
Nicky Youre’s ‘Sunroof’, Louis Theroux‘s ‘Jiggle Jiggle’, and Kate Bush‘s ‘Running Up That Hill’ all made the Top 10 list.
In the top spot, was ‘Sunroof’ by singer Nicky Youre and producer Dazy. As well as TikTok streaming success the track had some pretty impressive results in both the UK and Irish Official Singles Chart.
Following in second place was Yung Lean‘s ‘Ginseng Strip 2002’, while in third it was Luclover’s ‘L$d’.
Kate Bush’s 1885 classic ‘Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)’ enjoyed a huge resurgence in 2022 and heavy use on the platform. The throwback earned itself a sixth place on the list.
Elsewhere on the list was Louis Theroux's viral rap track 'Jiggle Jiggle'.
The TV presenter became an unlikely rap sensation after a verse he'd written on his Weird Weekends series in 2000 was remixed into a club anthem. It ended the year as the app's eighth most-played song.
Check out the full list below.
Top 10 most popular songs in the UK on TikTok (2022):
1. ‘Sunroof’ – Nicky Youre & dazy
2. ‘Ginseng Strip 2002’ – Yung Lean
3. ‘L$d’ – Luclover
4. ‘Own Brand Freestyle’ – FelixThe1st & Dréya Mac
5. ‘Reggae & Calypso’ – Russ Millions & Buni & YV
6. ‘Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)’ – Kate Bush
7. ‘We Don’t Talk About Bruno’ – Carolina Gaitán – La Gaita & Mauro Castillo & Adassa & Rhenzy Feliz & Diane Guerrero & Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto – Cast
8. ‘Jiggle Jiggle’ – Duke & Jones & Louis Theroux
9. ‘Captain (Whistle)’ – Nutcase 22
10. ‘About Damn Time’ – Lizzo
David Mogendorff, Head of UK Music Operations, said: “The music that thrived on TikTok in the UK this year has been as unpredictable and diverse as ever. Just look at Louis Theroux, Kate Bush and even Encanto‘s ‘We Don’t Talk About Bruno’ in the top tracks, who all became the centre of massive trends on TikTok.
“It’s also been a standout year for emerging talent. From Nicky Youre and Stepz, to Venbee, Cat Burns, FLO, Dréya Mac and so many more – a new generation of wonderful artists are building brilliant, long-term music careers with a huge amount of support and love from our TikTok community."
“A huge thanks to all the artists, managers, labels and fans who have been part of our journey in 2022, and to our creator community who never cease to amaze us. Bring on 2023!”