General Operative Required (Fixed term with view to Permanent Role)
The Company is currently recruiting for a General Operative vacancy. We are now inviting applications for the role as follows:-
The position reports to the Production Manager whilst liaising closely with the Supervisors and Technicians on site. The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth and effective running of the production operations on an ongoing basis. This is a 4 cycle rotating shift pattern. (2 days/2 nights 4 off)
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Monitoring and operating the feedstock cleaning machines during processing in a safe manner to achieve quality and production targets.
- Adhere to very strict health and safety procedures on site at all times.
- Sampling product tanks and machines for testing throughout the shift and bringing to the Laboratory.
- Ability to be trained in carrying out quality testing of product.
- To follow “Standard Operating Procedures” (SOP’s) at all times and to put into place good manufacturing practice (GMP).
- Updating of administrative, Environmental and Quality logs according to ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Ensure action is taken to troubleshoot any issues that arise on the machines during production. This may involve an ability to resolve simple issues or escalating the issues to the Technician on site.
- Carry out basic maintenance of the machines while on shift.
- Assisting the Supervisors and Technicians with maintenance of the plant when required. This will include during shutdown periods annually
- To be cross trained in the duties of the staff in the logistics and stores area and assist in these areas when required.
- Assist in ongoing continuous improvement of the plant.
- General maintenance and housekeeping duties of the site, including grass cutting, emptying waste bins and general upkeep of the site as requested.
The ideal candidates will have the following education, training, skills and experience:-
- Leaving certificate completed preferred but not essential
- A minimum of 3+ years General Operative experience in a processing facility.
- Knowledge of chemical handling and chemical safety awareness an advantage
- Basic computer skills including a basic knowledge of Microsoft excel essential
- Proven track record in ability to follow instruction, either from manuals or verbally
- Good English essential
- Safe Pass qualification desirable
- Forklift licence a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong ability to work comfortably on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible in working times if/when required
All enquiries and CV’s to be directed to:- [email protected]