St Patrick’s Centre has transitioned from a congregated setting to community-based supports, which will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are looking for an Administration Assistant – H&S for 37 hours per week. The role of the Administration Assistant is to provide secretarial support to the Health & Safety department to include supporting as appropriate programs on site safety, adhering to all legislation, working knowledge of regulations and acts, ensuring safe working practices are updated and put in place and reporting on all safety related matters in St Patrick’s Centre.
The person appointed to this post should be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team. Thisis role will evolve as professional, structural and demands change and the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility to facilitate this.
Proven and demonstrated experience in administration and/or
Qualification in Health & Safety desirable but not essential
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a busy, changeable environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Skill set to develop and manage safety audits
- Strong experience in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Proven ability to influence and develop a safety culture in a diverse organization
- Planning & organizational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Attention to detail & high level of accuracy
- Full Clean Drivers Licence essential
- Full clean drivers’ licence and own transportation
Benefits of working with us
- Salary linked to HSE Salary Scales. Clerical Officer Grade III (depending on skills & experience)
- Training Opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Applications for this post to be submitted on the attached application form along with a CV and cover letter outlining suitability to: Human Resource Dept, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11/12 Danville Business park, Kilkenny or by email to [email protected]. Queries to Adrienne Hayes or Denise Foran on 056 772 2170.
Current vacancies and application forms can be found at:
Closing date for receipt of application is 2021 Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer.