The 4 star Woodford Dolmen Hotel, Carlow is seeking an experienced customer focused and motivated Duty Manager.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other Managers, the Duty Manager is responsible for the general operations of the Hotel and for maximising guest satisfaction by offering excellent guest service at all times.
We would offer a 4 day 39 hour week or 5 day 39 hour week to the successful candidate .
As the Duty Manager, you will be aware of all hotel procedures to be able to work alongside the heads of departments to ensure the smooth and effective running of the business by assisting in all departments as business requires.
This position may suit an hospitality graduate or an hotel trained manager
The Ideal Candidate
- It is essential for this role that you have excellent public relations skills and are a strong communicator
- You must be adaptable and have exceptional decision-making skills.
- We are looking for someone with a great eye for detail.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong command of the English language.
- Knowledge of front office and food & beverage systems preferable.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure staffing levels in place for the shift ahead.
- Ensure all events and functions are set and ready for the shift ahead, including bars, restaurants & front office
- Controls the lobby and entrance during the shift.
- Up to date on all developments within the hotel by means of briefings with the heads of departments, at daily meeting.
- Responsible for fire safety and health & safety.
- Ensure all walk rounds of the building are completed and recorded during the shift checking standards, security & safety.
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel services in order to be able to sell to guests.
- Welcome meet and greet guests on arrival.
- Ensure that the guest enjoys the highest quality and service.
- Search continuously for possibilities to improve guest service by listening to the feedback of guests and employees.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with guests.
- Demonstrates effective and appropriate interaction with guests whilst maintaining a professional approach and image.
- Deal with any day to day issues that may arise & follow through.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €30,000.00-€35,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- hotel management: 1 year (preferred)
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]