Some more tips to help you on your way to 5-a-day!
1. Spice up your mornings with a quick and easy salsa omelette in a cup. Not only one of your five a day but a great source of protein too. See Centra.ie for more details.
2. Pureed fruit, cooked without sugar, is easy to add to cereals, yoghurt and desserts. Try red apples or ripe pears.
3. Looking for a romantic and easy breakfast for this Valentine’s Day? Why not try Centra’s Strawberry & Oats Crumble in a Cup. See Centra.ie for more details.
4. Frozen berries are just as good as fresh- blend them with a banana and some fruit juice for an easy breakfast smoothie.
5. Liven up carrot or cucumber sticks with a squeeze of lime juice and a tiny sprinkle of salt.
6. Need a sweet treat at night? Slice a banana, top with a little peanut butter and freeze on a tray for 2 hours. Eaten straight from the freezer, these treats give you a sweet hit and one of your 5-a-day.
7. Looking for an easy yet delicious desert for this Valentine’s Day? Why not try Centra’s Chocolate Avocado Mousse. See Centra.ie for more details.
These tips are brought you by Centra and Sarah Keogh Consultant Dietician.