Friday is National Slow Down Day and Gardai will be conducting a national speed enforcement operation.
The objective is to reduce the number of speed related collisions, save lives and reduce injuries on our roads.
The aim of "Slow Down day” is to remind drivers of the dangers of speeding, increase compliance with speed limits and act as a deterrent to driving at excessive or inappropriate speed.
The operation will run for a 24 hour period from 07.00hrs on Friday to 07.00hrs on Saturday morning.
Gardai have revealed some of the locations where speed enforcement is scheduled to be carried out.
In the South East, checkpoints will be located at:
• R712 Pennefatherslot Kilkenny
• N11 Enniscorthy Wexford
• N25 Coolcotts Wexford
Other checkpoint locations around Ireland include:
• N5 Claggarnagh East Castlebar Mayo
• R551 Blackparks Ballybunnion Kerry
• R436 Leabeg Ballycumber Offaly
• R334 Cahernichole East The Neale Mayo
• N4 Lackan Edgeworthstown Longford
• N3 Edenburt Virginia Cavan
• N2 Reaghstown Ardee Louth
• R446 Ballyeighter Aughrim Galway
• N13 Lisfannan Bridge End Donegal
• R419 Kilbride Portarlington Laois
• N5 Portaghard Frenchpark Roscommon
• N68 Knockalough Kilmihil Clare
• R561 Kilnanare Firies Kerry
• M7 Osberstown Naas Kildare
• N7 Kill West Kill Kildare
• N20 Rathgoggan South Charleville Cork
• R586 Caherogullane Bantry Cork
Photo via Google Maps