Local Authorities around the country will host special free "family-friendly" events today for Easter Monday, as part of the Creative Ireland Programme, Cruinniú na Cásca.
The programme, which has a special focus on contemporary Irish culture, will celebrate creativity through a variety of special events.
Several of these are taking place in the South East as part of the initiative:
- Medevial Mile museum is hosting a Medevial Village Experience event from 12-4PM
- Guided tour of Carlow County Museum at 2PM
- The Playground Project at Visual, Carlow from 2-5:30PM
- The Sacred Lives of Trees at Carlow Central Library and GB Shaw Room from 3-4PM
- Cruinniú na Cásca Cabaret at Wexford Arts Centre at 2PM
- Enniscorthy 1916 Commemoration Day at 11AM
- Time Outside nature walks and Mayfield birds of prey, Kilmacthomas Carpark & The Greenway at 2PM
- Music at the Museum, Medieval Museum, Waterford City at 2PM