Some great tips for increasing your 5-a-day!
- Swap your jam on toast in the morning for banana on toast for a tasty and filling breakfast plus it’s a very easy way to get one of your five a day.
- 20 blueberries count as one of your 5 a day! Why not sprinkle some on your morning porridge?
- Adding fruit is a tasty and great way to liven up your salad, why not try our Blueberry, Strawberry and Blue Cheese Salad. Recipe available here.
- Add lentils to soups and stews. Not only are they high in fiber and a great source of iron, a ½ cup of cooked lentils (about 1 dessert spoon of dried lentils) counts as one of your 5-a-day. Recipe available here.
- Craving a sweet snack? Frozen grapes make a great alternative to hard boiled sweets. Freeze them individually and once they are frozen store in a box or bag in the freezer until you need them.
- If you have fussy eaters why not try our Hidden Veg Chicken Nuggets? Recipe available here.
- Looking for a sweet treat this weekend? Why not try Centra’s Blueberry & Lemon Muffin in a Cup made in less than 5 minutes and also one of your 5 A Day. Recipe available here.
These tips are brought you by Centra and Sarah Keogh Consultant Dietician.