Figures obtained from Waterford City & County Council through a Freedom of Information request have revealed that Jenkin's Lane Carpark is Waterford City’s ticketing black spot.
397 parking tickets were issued at the location between January 1st 2020 and December 31st 2020.
In total, 6,667 parking tickets were issued across 142 locations in the city throughout that year.
Following Jenkins Lane Car Park is O'Connell Street with 254 parking fines issued, and Canada Street with 309 tickets handed out.
Parking fines in Waterford city can be handed out for failing to display a valid ticket, obstructing traffic flow, parking on double yellow lines, parking on single yellow lines during indicated hours, parking in a disabled bay without a valid parking permit, or parking in loading bays, bus lanes cycle lanes, pedestrian areas and bus stops.
Other offences that can incur parking fines include:
- Parking opposite a continuous white line.
- Parking on a footpath (either partly or wholly).
- Parking within 5 metres of a junction.
- Parking at a pedestrian crossing or traffic lights, within 15 metres on the approach side or 5 metres on the other side.
- Obstructing an entrance for vehicles without the occupier’s consent.
- Parking at a school entrance.
- Parking on a grass margin or median.
Below is a complete database on the number of tickets handed out in each respective location in 2020.
Image: Jenkin's Lane Car Park, Google Street View