Job Description Summary
Job Title Product Assembler
Contract Duration Permanent role
Weekly Hours 39 Hours per Week
Shift Pattern 4 Days per week
- 15am – 4.30pm (Monday – Thursday).
- 00pm – 3.15am (Monday – Thursday). (25% shift premium applied during these hours)
- No shift rotation, shifts are fixed.
Competitive hourly rates + Bonus.
We are currently recruiting for immediate positions at our site and also to build a panel of Product Assemblers for upcoming and future vacancies.
- VHI PMI3613 for the employee (on completion of 6 months’ probation).
- Pension (Defined Contribution) of 2% from employee and 4% for the employer (in employees 20’s), 3% from the employee and 6% from the employer (in employees 30’s) and 4% from the employee and 8% from the employer (in the employees 40’s+). (on completion of 6 months’ probation)
- Educational assistance availability – All associates who have one years’ continuous service with the company are eligible to undertake an approved development programme.
- Promotional / Development opportunities - 50% + of open roles are filled internally
- Employee Christmas savings scheme (deducted from wages and paid out at end of November)
- Company Employee Assistance Program service supported
- Death in Service (3x annual salary)
- Annual Leave – 190 hours
- Service Recognition – At each 5 year milestone, the employee receives an additional days annual leave moving forward.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Associate Resource Groups – Events Team, Mental Health First Aid and Women’s Initiative Team (STEM)
Induction and Training is provided for this role.
A Product Assembler is primarily responsible in assembling and producing products that enable a difference in people’s lives.
The successful candidate will perform hands on assembly of medical devices in various areas of the production area, the candidate’s workmanship will need to be accurate, consistent, and compliant to all procedures relating to GMP Practices, this is a busy and varied role. Cleanroom and manufacturing environment would be an advantage but not essential. The ideal candidate must possess a high level of safety awareness and will include shift work both days and nights as per operational requirements.
The successful panel applicants will remain active on our database for a period of 6 months, the successful panel applicants will be called as the vacancies arise.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best in their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in ‘advancing the world of health’.
Here at BD Enniscorthy we design, develop, and manufacture a wide range of medical devices that help in the minimal invasive associated with peripheral artery disease, diabetes, surgical procedures, and oncology.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure Accurate and Consistent Compliance to all Procedures relating to Manufacturing.
- Ensure Accurate and Consistent completion of all documentation / LHR's.
- Maintain an acceptable level of Timekeeping and Attendance.
- Ensure that Shift Changes are carried out and communicated effectively and efficiently.
- Display Flexibility with any changes made within the department to SOP's / Layout / Structure / Lines / Shifts.
- Highlight any issues with Process/ Procedures / Materials /Machinery immediately to Team Lead / Supervisor.
- Ensure Consistent Compliance to all GMP procedures.
- Have good Communication skills both Written and Verbal.
- Work as part of a team to consistently meet daily / weekly / annual metric targets.
- Highlight any training requirements to Team Leader / Supervisor.
- Accurately complete paperwork
- Work well as part of a team but also able to work on own initiative
- Communicate well with all other team members
- You may be required to move from a day shift to an evening shift (or vice versa) as per operational requirements
- Complete training timely and efficient manner
- Travel abroad when necessary for the job
- Work for long stretches working with a microscope and minute pieces of materials
- To be Punctual and have a good attendance record
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
Please contact Rebecca at [email protected]