POSITION: Digital Content Editor
JOB TYPE: Full Time Permanent
SALARY: NUJ agreed pay scale
RESPONSIBLE TO: Solutions Manager
YOUR ROLE: Responsible for the production of written, visual and audio-visual digital content across all platforms; dissemination of digital-only news; digital ads trafficking; website and digital stream management.
HOURS: Standard week will be a 37 and a half-hour week. Standard working day will be agreed with your line manager. However, hours will be flexible and deemed as necessary to successfully carry out your duties to the required standards of the company.
- Work closely with the Solutions Manager, Solutions Support team & News Editor in devising and producing content across all online platforms.
- Develop revenue strategies from digital assets based on pre agreed targets with Solutions Manager.
- Proficient in CMS, management and development of website, app and smart speaker skills.
- Select, research and write stories for beat102103.com which are suitable for Beat’s target.
- Supply digital commercial revenue reports.
- Report digital campaign progress to management.
- Traffic agency & direct digital advertising on website.
- Oversee & monitor progress of paid digital advertising across social media platforms e.g dark posting.
- Analyse key analytics to drive Beat’s web presence forward. Key metrics to be shared and actions agreed.
- Ensure that all online requirements for clients are delivered. Attention to detail is key.
- Prepare proposals and client correspondence in conjunction with the sales team and attend client events when appropriate.
- Develop and deliver presentations.
- Manage podcasting tools.
- Lead digital elements of future stand-alone podcasts.
- Contribute to weekly content & creative meetings & weekly digital editor meetings across the Irish Times group. Attend sales meetings when required.
- Be fully aware of media law and other restrictions e.g. Comisiún na Meán guidelines.
- Ensure that the aforementioned are adhered to and the station is protected from actions for Contempt of Court, Libel or any other sanction.
- Represent the station out and about at various station events/outside broadcasts at all times with a high degree of professionalism.
- Be fully news/current affairs aware.
- Contribute to the station’s creativity.
- Maintain an excellent product knowledge at all times.
- Maintain a high level of contact with line managers.
What we expect from candidates
- A degree or equivalent in journalism or digital media.
- Experienced in writing online copy, managing & editing digital platforms along with analysing insights.
- Certified in SEO or can demonstrate competency in SEO & CMS skillset.
- Possess a good working knowledge and experience of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter (X), YouTube, LinkedIn & podcasting tools.
- Understand the Irish radio and media industry.
Email your CV and examples of your digital work to Claire - [email protected]
The closing date for applicants is 5pm Wednesday August 23rd 2023