Danone is a large, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with market leading brands across four divisions: Essential Dairy and Plant Based Products, Waters, Specialised Nutrition and Medical Nutrition. Specialised Nutrition offers nutritional solutions with the shared goal of improving the health and well-being of vulnerable individuals, from the first day of pregnancy into old age. Danone Nutricia Wexford are a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing organisation, where no two days are the same. We are looking for high calibre, dedicated and experienced personnel to complement our existing workforce.
At Danone we are passionate in our commitment to sustainability with the belief in building a healthier future through food. Our eating and drinking choices have an impact on our own health, the health of our society and the health of our planet.
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Health Safety Environmental and Security Coordinator position. This is a 12-month, fixed-term contract role. If you are a recent graduate of a Health and Safety or related discipline and have a passion for EHS work within a manufacturing environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
Outline of the Role:
- Assist with the implementation of the 12 Safety Basics Standard.
- Leading and assisting with the roll out of Safety projects and initiatives in line with the WISE2 Roadmap.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s strategic plan to deliver Health and Safety improvements in line with the organisation’s targets and objectives.
- Carry out Health and Safety inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Support initiatives to raise awareness and drive a positive culture around Health and Safety within the Company through positive affirmation of behaviours.
- Prepare dashboards for various SIM, SAT, Core Safety meetings as relevant.
- Support preparation for upcoming site audits.
- Monitor completion rates of the various Health and Safety Audits/ Inspections, running regular reports to ensure completion by the various departments.
- Monitor close out of actions, e.g. PDCA, HSES incidents, leadership tours, etc.
- Support digital improvements for the Health and Safety department
- Liaise with the digital providers on a regular basis to continue to improve the HSES digital platforms.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant third level degree in Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline is essential.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities with the capability to read and interpret data.
- Accurate with attention to detail to be able to challenge and identify errors.
- Passion and drive to succeed and make a difference.
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised at times.
Ensuring an inclusive working culture that is accessible to all is important to us. We therefore support flexible ways of working wherever possible. Please let us know in your application if and how you would like to explore flexible working for this position.
Danone Nutricia Wexford is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note, owing to the high volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]