Danone is a large, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with market leading brands across four divisions: Essential Dairy and Plant Based Products, Waters, Specialised Nutrition and Medical Nutrition. Specialised Nutrition offers nutritional solutions with the shared goal of improving the health and well-being of vulnerable individuals, from the first day of pregnancy into old age. Danone Nutricia Wexford are a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing organisation, where no two days are the same. We are looking for high calibre, dedicated and experienced personnel to complement our existing workforce.
At Danone we are passionate in our commitment to sustainability with the belief in building a healthier future through food. Our eating and drinking choices have an impact on our own health, the health of our society and the health of our planet.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Automation Engineer to join our Technical team on a twenty-two month fixed-term contract role. This is a full-time position.
Outline of the Role:
The Automation Engineer will lead in the execution of Masterplan, efficiency / improvement projects for the plant, from initial scoping of innovations/concepts through to CAPEX project implementation and execution. The position holder will execute and lead multiple ‘digital factory’ and automation project initiatives to transform the daily ways of working throughout the manufacturing facility. The Automation Engineer will provide to the technical and operational teams a high level of automation, software and control knowledge and expertise, and apply skills to improve efficiency and performance within a high volume, highly automated FMCG environment. The Automation Engineer will have a natural understanding of manufacturing processes, be quick learner and confident to take on new challenges.
- End to end Digital/Automation project management; project conception, justification, through to completion.
- Provide detailed project documentation including development and completion of specifications, tenders, URS, DQ, SFAT, IQ, OQ, PAT and SAT protocols.
- Detailed knowledge and application knowhow in terms of automation and SCADA systems, programming languages and networking topologies.
- Use of programming software for Siemens, Allen Bradey, B&R controls for PLC, MLC and touchscreen devices. Knowledge of Mitsubishi and Bachmann an advantage.
- Knowledge in Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet, Device Net, ControlNet Networks, and use of industrial routers and VPN.
- Prepare capital requests, ensuring that all purchasing activities are carried out in accordance with company purchasing policies and compliance.
- Design quality and health, safety and environmental best practice into each project and ensure that all project work is completed in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Review current production operations and ensure continual improvements considering gaps or obsolescence issues within the factory.
- Provide design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
- Support maintenance with remote support from automation contractors or fault finding where needed.
- Provides technical support with industry 4.0 projects where access or information of PLCs, networks, or machines onsite is required.
- Project tracking and reporting to up line management in terms project delivery, specifically performance, time and cost
- Supervision/management of vendors and contractors associated with automation project works.
- Ensure compliance with safety for projects delivery, in particular, machinery compliance with the EU machinery directive.
- Support vertical ramp-up of projects and project handover to plant operations team, including providing training to colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in related discipline such as Engineering / Automation.
- Relevant experience in a high volume, fast paced environment in FMCG, Manufacturing or Pharmaceutical.
- Proven track record of on time, on budget, project scope delivery in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience integrating an MES system onto a manufacturing line an advantage.
Opportunities and Career Progression
- The role offers an opportunity to interact across a full range of factory stakeholders.
- Opportunity to lead numerous projects to drive productivity.
- Opportunity to build strong networks to support future moves.
- Success in this role can lead to more senior positions in operations with scope to move to other areas within Danone.
- Education and training opportunities.
- Opportunity to become a subject expert in this area of the business.
Competitive reward and benefits package on offer.
Ensuring an inclusive working culture that is accessible to all is important to us. We therefore support flexible ways of working wherever possible. Please let us know in your application if and how you would like to explore flexible working for this position.
Danone Nutricia Wexford is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note, owing to the high volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please email [email protected]