Hartley People Recruitment are seeking a Health, Safety & Risk Manager for their client based in the South-East, within the Intellectual Disability Services.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Services Health and Safety function.
- Ensure that each service location has a Site Specific Safety Statement which specifies the appropriate actions to be taken in addressing any potential hazards or risks.
- Ensure that all safety incidents are managed in compliance with the Services policy for the management of incidents.
- Liaise with the Building and Facilities Manager relating to health and safety and fire safety on properties.
- Support relevant managers in preparation for HSA & HIQA inspections and CQL Accreditation Visits
- Support the Services policy on risk management ensuring that there are effective systems in place to monitor and manage risks.
- In conjunction with the Building & Facilities Manager complete the risk assessments for fire safety for all properties.
- Keep up to date with all relevant legislation, maintain a strong understanding of the relevance of new legislation and the implications for the Services.
- Carry out regular safety audits and fire drills as required.
- Devise and deliver H&S or Risk training as required.
- Relevant third level qualification in H&S – Level 7 or above
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in H&S role
- A thorough knowledge of current H&S, fire safety and environmental safety legislation and associated regulations
- Risk assessment and management practices
- Full driving licence and use of own car as travel is required
For immediate consideration please email your CV to [email protected] in response to this job posting.