|Assistant Trading Underwriter
|Personal Lines Trading
|Reports to Job Title
|Personal Lines Trading Manager
|Purpose of the role
|To provide administrative and underwriting support to a team of underwriters while building technical knowledge of product offering.
|Working effectively in collaboration with the Personal Lines Trading team and Trading Manger will be key to the success of this role.
This person performing this role will have some underwriting authority level, typically level 1, due to their experience.
|· Ensure all activities are in line with the CPC and internal Compliance guidance
· Ensure all information is documented accurately and in line with procedures on the Company’s systems
· Support a “can do culture” where our priorities are driven by the customer
· To be flexible to the needs of the company in prioritising workflow appropriately and effectively.
· Work closely with other teams to identify and implement corrective measures required to enhance the profitability of our products as directed
· Adhere to all operational metrics required to deliver relevant business unit strategy
· Assist the Sales team with any promotional related material and events
· Maintain and develop internal and external customer relations
· Support Senior colleagues on analysis where required
· Support quality programme through peer-to-peer audits as required and support changes from quality outputs
· Underwrite a wide range of Product propositions and assist in the administration/servicing of the portfolio in line with agreed service standards, KPI’s and within authority level.
· Actively identify opportunities within our Broker distribution with a focus on New Business, Risk Referral and Renewal Retention. The opportunity to specialise in certain portfolios may also arise.
· Utilise the underwriting framework to deliver and satisfy on all our customer’s needs.
· Support the Change & Quality team in the delivery of their initiatives
· Adhere to all Company policies & procedures
Above is the current list of your duties and this may change from time to time depending on business demands.
|Education and work experience
|· Leaving Certificate or third level qualification
· Working towards APA Personal Lines qualification with willingness and aptitude to progress towards CIP ideally
· 12 months Insurance Industry experience
· Open GI experience an advantage or previous experience working with a computer insurance system essential
|· Some knowledge on the requirements of the Consumer Protection Code and the Minimum Competency standards
· Some Industry knowledge would be beneficial
· Basic technical product knowledge and some knowledge of how to underwrite
|· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Extremely well organised with excellent time management skills
· Flair for sales with excellent negotiation skills
· Excellent IT skills
|· Act honestly, fairly and professionally in the best interests of our customers and
the integrity of the market.
· Act with due skill, care and diligence in the best interests of our customers.
· Engaged, innovative, sales/service orientated, process driven
· Consistent demonstration of our values, Trust, Agility, Service.
· Aligned to our purpose
o Approachable, friendly and easy-to-deal with
o Build and maintain strong customer relationships
o Dedicated to continuous improvement
Applications to [email protected]