Stratus Pharmacy & Healthcare – General Manager
Reporting to: C.E.O
Direct reports: 20
Generous Staff Discount
Company Pension Scheme
Private health Insurance
Stratus Pharmacy & Healthcare is one of Ireland’s leading pharmacies, located in the heart of Waterford city. At Stratus Pharmacy & Healthcare we are committed to delivering the highest standards and excellence in patient care. Our mission is to make it easier for people to live the healthiest lifestyle they can and have fun doing it. At Stratus Pharmacy & Healthcare, our values are paramount to everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious General Manager to support the growth of Stratus Pharmacy & Healthcare in Ireland. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate tenacity, be forward thinking and have a steely determination to drive the business forward. If you are someone who wants an exciting career in pharmacy, is empathetic, passionate about patient care and has a can-do attitude, we’d like to hear from you. The ideal candidate for this role will be driven to develop their career, motivated to succeed and hungry for success.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: We are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Utilises commercial acumen to drive and increase store & online sales, margin, store productivity and employment targets. Set team objectives that are clearly aligned to the company’s vision and help deliver KPI targets.
- Delivers operational excellence through strong leadership skills while bringing the whole team with them.
- Develops robust and detailed action plans for all areas of the business covering all KPIs and reports to Management and Store Teams.
- Improves the overall commercial performance of the Dispensary, Front of House and Online components of the business.
- Guarantees all existing & new processes and procedures are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
- Consistently leads & delivers excellence in service to customers and patients, focussing on growing customer loyalty.
- Targets and attracts new customers through developing effective relationships, creating market leading offers & initiatives, which provide greater long-term value to customers and the business.
- Builds strong relationships with the Dispensary and Office Managers to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the pharmacy.
- Develops strong relationships with online and social media executives to ensure performance and promotion in line with latest trends and brand values.
- Recruits talented individuals who are aligned to the company’s values and mission statement.
- Maximises the performance of the team by recognising talent, coaching, and empowering them to reach their full potential and to facilitate succession planning as appropriate.
- Lives and breathes our company values and always demonstrates these when dealing with our customers, team, and external vendors.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience within a similar or FMCG environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people, and to build strong partnerships to deliver positive change.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking/problem solving and possess strong project management, analytical and time management skills.
- A proven track record of sales growth and business development and demonstrates a strong capability of driving business profitability by implementing solid business controls.
- Be a high achiever with determination and drive to succeed.
- Keen interest in retail and pharmacy.
- Relentless about the customer experience.
- MS word, excel and basic IT knowledge.
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]