Thermodial are experts in planned preventative maintenance (PPM) of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), BEMS, electrical and water systems.
Primarily serving customers in the education, data centre, public sector, retail, hospital and hotel sector, Thermodial’s PPM service provides improved reliability, reducing the risk of downtime to important HVAC equipment, ensuring customers’ businesses are not interrupted.
Thermodial invite applications for the role of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) service engineer to join our field-based team.
Reporting to the Operations Director and co-ordinating closely with the Scheduling Manager, successful applicants will be responsible for performing maintenance, repairs and minor upgrade works on customer sites in the Leinster region.
At Thermodial our mission is to ensure customers’ businesses are not interrupted, by improving the reliability of HVAC systems, through the provision of expert maintenance, resulting in savings on energy spend and a reduction in callouts.
Improved reliability reduces the risk on downtime to customers’ to important HVAC equipment for Thermodial customers in schools, data centres, public buildings, retail shops, hospitals and hotels.
This role comprises of three key areas
- Delivering planned preventative maintenance (PPM) service, repairs and minor upgrade works to HVAC systems.
- Communication and co-ordination with customers, Thermodial’s Scheduling Manager, Contracts Managers and fellow field operatives.
- Adherence to plans, specifications and procedures, ensuring visits are completed on time, in-line with best practice, producing fully completed reports and quotations (where necessary).
What we offer
- Competitive salary and allowances
- Bonus and benefits package
- Earn up to four days’ additional annual leave, on top of normal leave, which includes Good Friday and Christmas Eve
- Company vehicle, toll tag, parking app and fuel card provided
- Snickers workwear and quality PPE
- Tools and ancillary ICT equipment provided
- Mentoring and support from a senior engineer
- Training to upskill and progress as a multi-skilled engineer
- Opportunity for career progression
Your qualifications and key criteria
- At least three years’ experience in commercial HVAC services.
- Solas/national craft certificate/trade cert in either electrical, plumbing or refrigeration and air conditioning is essential.
- Registered gas installer is preferable.
- F-Gas certification is an advantage.
- Proven experience in fault finding and problem solving on HVAC systems.
- A self-starter who can self-manage and take accountability for allocated tasks within a weekly schedule.
- Highly trustworthy and responsible, due to the criticality and sensitive nature of customers’ businesses.
- Enthusiastic about customer care, seeking to provide a first time fix to repairs and a reduction in energy savings for customers.
- A willingness to up-skill, come out of your comfort zone and learn about other systems.
- Ability to work across relevant internal departments including, operations, finance, sales, marketing, compliance and external suppliers to ensure a collaborative approach.
- ‘B’ category driving license, as this is a field-based role.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Two verifiable references are required.
Contract type: permanent employee
Job location: field-based, Leinster, Ireland
Apply online: thermodial.ie/careers
email CV: [email protected].
Thermodial are an equal opportunities employer.