Technical Integration Specialist Associate IRE
Unum Technology Centre in Carlow serves as a strategic software development and IT services centre supporting Unum, a leading provider of income protection in the US. Their team of IT professionals build solutions and critical business applications to digitally transform the way they do business.
Their newly established Client Success Team is working directly with the clients and partners to configure, implement and maintain their solutions to best match the clients needs. The Technical Integration Specialist will provide expert advice and technical support on all aspects of Unum’s technology capabilities to support successful onboarding integration. This is a graduate/entry level role, with great prospects, that would suit someone with strong people and technical skills and with the ability to work with large volumes of data to support the delivery of best-in-class digital client onboarding experiences. Unum are aiming to enhance their teams by welcoming skilled and talented individuals who can contribute to their collective growth and success, which has seen them recently being named as one of the Best Workplaces in Tech, by Great Place to Work Ireland, for the second year in a row.
- Collaborate with internal business and IT stakeholders plus external stakeholders including customers, benefits administration providers, technology partners and brokers.
- Support customers to drive set up of their technology for onboarding.
- Ability to work with individual clients to meet their specific needs (including billing, claims, and enrollment), with ability to set appropriate expectations.
- Identify, test, and solve potential issues, errors, and data validation for large quantity of data.
- Manage new business issues and delivery process including data collection with a sense of urgency, integrity of data and quality of deliverables to achieve completion within turnaround time targets.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both testing and use of continuous integration techniques where practical.
- Ensure set up of technology solutions to support ongoing administration and eligibility. This includes troubleshooting data options, education of the services, submitting appropriate file set up requests, working with internal and external partners to accomplish testing needs and communication to all stakeholders during the process until files are successfully in production.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor technical and business terms.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to take a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and/or equivalent experience in customer service, insurance, or IT related industry.
- 0 - 1 year’s XML experience desired but not necessary Configuration and user support experience in an HRIS application is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of HRIS platform integration, configuration and user support experience would be beneficial.
- SQL knowledge, 834 file, XML file and data analyzation experience a plus
- Desktop application experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Access a plus.
- Technical aptitude with strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
What We Offer
Unum's size and successful history in Carlow means they can offer you exceptional development and progression, supported by continual learning programs, IT Certifications & third level tuition reimbursement. They offer work-life balance with flexible working arrangements (including hybrid) and initiatives in support of your well-being. Their attractive range of benefits and reward initiatives includes competitive compensation, 25 days annual leave, paid health insurance, pension scheme, annual performance-based bonus, paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave, reward programs, and an opportunity to engage with charity and community activities.