Technical Sales administrator
Distag QCS Ltd
Tullow, County Carlow
Distag QCS are a rapidly expanding business, distributing and manufacturing engineering components to Manufacturers and Distributors throughout the UK and Ireland.
The company is structured in four closely related divisions:
- Hydraulic Components – hose, fittings, assemblies, steel tubing
- Agricultural Trailer Parts and Accessories – axles, suspensions, braking systems, drawbar components
- Bespoke Products – offering design and production service from drawings or samples, complete outsourcing solutions
- Open Drives – mechanical power transmission components
The company’s major areas of focus, currently, are the manufacturers of Agricultural Machinery and Trailer Manufacturers, and Crushing, Screening and Recycling machinery.
Distag offer a highly entrepreneurial environment for talented individuals to grow in. It is an exciting (and challenging) environment, where the work is varied and absorbing - no two days are the same!
We are seeking a dynamic, committed and ambitious sales engineer to join our expanding team, at our facility in Tullow.
The successful candidate will be engaged in the process of selling products to, and providing support to, original equipment manufacturer clients, by:
- Understanding the customers’ requirements, and offering solutions from our product range
- Support the sales process with customer phone calls, emails, and occasional site visits
- Manage the introduction of new products, and customer schedules
- Liaise between customers, our processing team, and global suppliers
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working face-to-face with customers and suppliers, as well as over the telephone and email. Experience of the selling process, with manufacturers, would be desirable; and a sound understanding of manufacturing engineering would also be beneficial.
- Diploma, or equivalent, in Mechanical/ Agricultural Engineering
- 3-4 years’ experience in a relevant sales environment
- Strong organisation skills
- MS Office suite mainly Excel & Outlook
- Keen interest in mechanical products
- Hands on approach, with practical skills an advantage
- Close attention to detail
- A sound knowledge of the agricultural machinery industry, or a farming background would be beneficial
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being able to work with a highly talented team, in a dynamic fast-growing business.
Salary is competitive and will match the successful candidate’s skills and experience, and reflect the importance we place on this new role
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please email your cover letter and CV to - [email protected]