Horticulturist – Glanbia CountryLife
New Ross/Bunclody, Co. Wexford
Glanbia Ireland is an ambitious, integrated agri-food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands.
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Millac, Truly Grass Fed, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie, Glanbiaconnect.com, countrylife.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition.
It processes a milk pool of almost three billion litres from 21 counties and exports high quality dairy and agri ingredients as well as products to over 100 countries. It is the largest buyer and user of Irish grain.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Horticulturist to join our busy CountryLife team in New Ross/Bunclody. As a valued member of the team you will be essential to the success of our branch by providing customers with a first class experience, working alongside the Head Horticulturist and Branch Manager in the running of our busy garden centre.
- Garden Centre
- Show that performance matters by maximising the sales potential of the garden centre and garden products
- Maintain control of all stock to ensure a fresh offering to the customer
- Since first impressions count ensure that all garden centre displays are immaculate and appealing to the customer
- Assist the Manager to maintain high standards in the garden centre and branch
- Top Class Customer Service
- Be the customers’ champion by providing top quality, fast, efficient and friendly service at all times
- Build trusting relationships with our customers and provide excellent service and advice
- Keen interest in and understanding of our product range and services
- Find a better way and improve and develop relevant areas across the branch
- Ensure that health & safety requirements are met at all times
- Maintain good housekeeping of all relevant areas
- A Qualification in Horticulture
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant retail Garden Centre experience
- Knowledge and interest in the retail gardening industry
- Ability to multitask and to consistently deliver high standard quality work in a busy environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- A friendly outgoing personality, excellent customer service skills and ambition to deliver beyond customers’ expectation
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team work skills as well as the ability to work on own initiative
If you are interested in this position, please apply through the My Career portal on the Glanbia Homepage with an up to date resume.
Glanbia Ireland is a Values Based Organisation - www.glanbiaireland.com