We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in our respite service. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with service users on a daily basis. Working hours will be variable including day shifts, evening shifts & weekends. They must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles. There are two permanent positions averaging from 24 to 27 hours a week.
- To support the Person In Charge with all aspects of the effective running of the respite service.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for the individuals appropriate to their wishes and goals
- Support each individual to participate in activities/outings arranged by the respite staff in collaboration with each individual.
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for the adults & children availing of our respite service.
- To promote and protect the rights of our adults & children in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of the adults & children in all areas of their lives including health and personal care.
- Help support and develop social skills for each individual to enable them to use public facilities and to engage in the ordinary commerce of everyday life.
- Experience/knowledge of dealing with behaviours that challenge
- Experience/knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Experience/knowledge and understanding of support plans
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period
- A minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health Care Support/ QQI Level 5 in Social Care (A Diploma or Degree in Social Care or other relevant discipline advantageous)
- 6 months experience of working with people with an Intellectual Disability
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles is essential.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period e.g. day, evening & weekends.
To Apply: Email your CV and cover letter referencing the Job Ref No. RECA4-2022-2 to [email protected]
Short listing of candidates will apply
A panel may be formed from this campaign from which further vacancies which may arise will be filled.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 29th April 2022.
St. Aidan’s Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer