Fitness Instructor / Lifeguard / Leisure Club Attendant – Spirit Leisure Centre, Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford City.
We have a fantastic new vacancy for a Fitness Instructor / Lifeguard in the excellent Spirit Leisure Centre, Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford City
Objective of the Role
Reporting to the Leisure Centre Manager, the Fitness Instructor / Lifeguard will be responsible for overseeing group training / gym training / pool lifeguarding. Be responsible for the safe operation, customer satisfaction, customer sales and overall hygiene & cleanliness within the leisure centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct fitness classes
- Oversee individual gym programs
- Must possess excellent organisational skills.
- Sell / Up-sell membership.
- Reception duties to include taking bookings or provide information about facilities
- Ensure that the fitness and leisure facilities are safe at all times.
- Provide help and guidance to members and guests.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Perform water quality tests and maintain pool records.
- Monitor Sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Gym / Fitness qualification from a recognised qualifying body is essential.
- Pool Lifeguard certification is also essential.
- First Aid / CPR / AED trained.
- Gardai Vetted would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills, and fluency in English.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and a desire to progress in your career.
- To deal with customer complaints, referring them to senior management if necessary.
- To be flexible and adaptable to areas which need assistance
- To be responsible for the overseeing and general safety of the members and residents to prevent injury, misuse and damage to the facility
- Reporting to the manager any mishaps which require medical attention or serious breach of pool discipline which might result in complaints being submitted
- To have a responsibility to your own health & safety and that of those around you
- Opening up and closing of the facilities
- Taking bookings, cash handling, and keeping the reception area in a neat and tidy condition
- To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, including the general areas, the changing rooms and showers, the steam room and sauna, pool surrounds, the gym and the aerobics studio
- To ensure that all written procedures are complied with
- To be familiar with the Standard Operating Procedures of the Leisure Centre
- Swim Teacher / Assistant Swim Teacher qualification or the equivalent.
- Teach group swimming classes.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records for gym programs / swimming lessons i.e. bookings, lesson plans and phone calls.
- Midweek & Weekends
To apply, please contact, Paul Neuman -Operations Manager on [email protected]