Well here's something you see every day!
Turkish doctors are absolutely windblown after discovering a number of objects that should not be in a person's stomach!
Hundreds of coins, screws, batteries and shards of glass were inside a man’s belly after he complained about abdominal pain.
According to Metro, Burhan Demir, from Ipekyolu in Turkey, brought his took his younger brother to hospital after he complained.
Doctors in the Turkish hospital carried out the usual checks for abdominal pain, but it was when the medical experts performed an endoscopy with ultrasound and X-ray scans, that they were in for a shock!
To their amazement, they found 233 items in the man's stomach which included batteries, magnets, coins, nails, pieces of glass, stones and screws!
Turkish doctors were taken aback when they discovered the reason for a patient's severe stomach pain: He had swallowed 83 one-lira coins along with batteries, magnets, nails, glass pieces, stones and screws. #Turkey https://t.co/e38bexjloE pic.twitter.com/guPmRaSFQl
— Duvar English (@DuvarEnglish) June 16, 2022
Luckily for the 35-year-old man, surgeons were able to remove the items from the patient, with one surgeon saying "during the surgery, we saw that one or two of the nails had passed through the stomach wall."
It was also revealed that two pieces of metal and two stones of different sizes were found in his large intestine.
Doctors say they "cleaned his stomach completely", but were baffled as to how they ended up in his belly!
"It is not a situation we see in adults, it is mostly in childhood and unconsciously swallowed foreign bodies."
It probably goes without saying, but DO NOT try this at home!